Moving is no reason to abandon your commitment to do your best for the environment, and the New Jersey long-distance movers from Simonik Moving & Storage have put together some tips for those who want to make environmentally friendly decisions as they relocate.
Our residential movers in New Jersey have completed thousands of moves and are well-versed in making decisions that lessen their environmental impact—and we can help you do the same.
Ways Moving Companies Can Help the Environment
Here are a couple of ways Simonik Moving & Storage makes environmentally preferred choices:
Moving companies use a lot of fuel, but every gallon we save is a help to the environment. One way we trim our fuel use is by combining smaller shipments of different customers moving cross-country. By shipping them in a single truck, we significantly cut fuel usage.
When possible, we use blankets and big rubber bands to protect furniture and other larger items instead of plastic wrapping.
Reusable Wardrobe Boxes
We offer our customers use of reusable wardrobe boxes to eliminate waste.
Things You Can Do to Help the Environment During A Move
- Properly dispose of any paint, gas/oil, household chemicals you have in your home or garage per local community guidelines.
- Properly dispose of any unwanted electronics and appliances you have per local community guidelines.
- Donate unwanted household items and clothing to a local charity instead of throwing them away.
- Donate non-perishable food items to a local food pantry instead of moving them.
- Try to locate used boxes that are still in good shape to pack some of your household items.
- Use soft items you already have (i.e. clothing, towels, blankets) as padding for some of your more delicate items.
If you are looking for professional movers to help with your upcoming relocation, we are ready to help! In addition to being NJ long distance movers, we handle local and intrastate moves too! To learn more give us a call or fill out our online form today.
Subscribe to World Class Moving Systems's Blog